MECKLENBURG, NY – Each year, as winter changes to spring, the sap rises in the Maple trees.
Saturday, March 23rd, 10 AM - 4 PM
In Mecklenburg, NY at Wellspring Forest Farm
For centuries, people have gathered to tap trees, drink the fresh sap, and boil it down over a fire until a sweet syrup is made. Come experience and learn about the process at Wellspring Forest Farm’s annual MapleFest on March 23 from 10am to 4pm.
As part of the New York Maple Producers Association statewide Maple Weekend, our farm -- located 12 miles West of Ithaca and 12 miles East of Watkins Glen -- will be open to the public with FREE Admission to the event, which includes:
* Guided tours of the sugarbush at 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, and 2:30pm.
* Tastings and sales of maple sap and syrup
* Live Music from Travis Knapp (10am – 12pm), Alex James (12 - 1:30pm), and Northside Stringband (1:30 - close)
* Maple cake balls, cupcakes, and sugar cookies by Ithacake
* Local food vendors including The Piggery and Seneca Sunrise Coffee.
* A farm and craft market featuring local farm artisans including Cayuta Sun Farm, BeSpoke Apothecary, and Finger Lakes Cider House.
*Shiitake log inoculation to benefit the Groundswell Center for Local Food & Farming.